Some herbs are believed to have stress-reducing and calming effects and may be helpful in preventing and managing stress. However, it is important to note that the use of herbs for stress management should be done under the guidance of a healthcare provider or trained herbalist, as some herbs can have potential side effects or interact with medications.
Here are a few examples of herbs that may be helpful for stress management:
- Chamomile: This herb is often used to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety. It can be consumed as a tea or taken in supplement form.
- Lavender: This herb is known for its calming effects and is often used to reduce anxiety and promote sleep. It can be inhaled as an essential oil or taken in supplement form.
- Valerian: This herb is often used to promote relaxation and improve sleep. It can be taken in supplement form or as a tea.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is believed to have stress-reducing and adaptogenic properties, which means it may help the body to better cope with stress. It can be taken in supplement form.
- Lemon balm: This herb is believed to have calming effects and may be helpful for reducing anxiety and improving sleep. It can be taken in supplement form or consumed as a tea.
It is important to note that the effectiveness of these herbs for stress management may vary from person to person and that more research is needed to fully understand their potential benefits and risks. It is always a good idea to speak with a healthcare provider or trained herbalist before starting any new herb or supplement.
Our favorite herbal supplements to prevent stress are linked below:
We also recommend checking out the plant based and adaptogen powered ingredients found in Tok Wellness Mind And Tok Wellness Support, which can help mitigate and manage and effects of stress.